Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's not all roses!!!!

If you book a room, SHOW UP or cancel. Seems simple enough but apparently not. We LOST 13 nights this week due to people not showing up. One couple (whom we know quiet well and consider them friends), forgot they had booked 10 nights with us. When I caught up with them, they were vacationing 'elsewhere' in the states, (not Palm Springs, I'm relieved to hear). Then there was the reservation for a definate 2 but possible 3 nights .. 'Oh, didn't we cancel?' NO YOU DID NOT!!

And whilst I'm at it here's another thing and this is directed at the locals who we allow to come in during the day, free of charge. DON'T STEAL OUR GUESTS. By that I mean saying to our guests, 'why don't you stay with me next time, I've got a spare room.' If we find out you did this, you will never be allowed back. Ever.

It's not all roses, just a few pricks .... I mean thorns now and again, but we love you all!!

No comments: