Thursday, August 1, 2013

We're B A C K!!

OMG, I (again) can't believe how time flies!

However, we are back from our vacation to England safe and sound. Yes, we were there for the birth. No, it didn't affect our trip at all. In fact it just passed us by because we chose not to listen to the crazy media frenzy.

Dennis and AJ looked after the place while we were away. The only fly in the ointment was not being able to reply to e-mails or check our voice mail messages. Nothing to do with British technology, more to do with our devices. Will be more prepared next time.

We did everything we had planned to do and everything fell into place. It's funny how things work out, especially after planning for so long. The one and only night we spent in London we went to our favorite restaurant, Maggie Jones' where we have been going since the 70's. Fabulous as usual and still  as expensive yikes!

Anyhoo, here we are safe and sound. I have to tell you, United Airlines Business Class is not what it is made out to be. I believe the United Business Class has been dumbed down and you get the service that once was United Premium Economy. God help Economy Class. Actually, the flight out upstairs on an aged 747 wasn't bad but the flight and crew on the way back on the 777  left a lot to be desired. Neither way did I get my first choice meal. Poor me.

Visited friends and family but it was the first time back when I haven't been able to see my dear friend Pegi.

Open for business now, guests in from San Diego and Tucson AZ, A fairly quiet weekend. Time will tell.

No comments: