Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I had to share

Here it is, 9.30pm on Wednesday February 12th. We're happily watching the winter games .. phone rings ... drunken voice ... "can you help me out I'm trying to find Warm Sands off the one eleven".


Where are you says I. "Oh, on Arenas and Palm Canyon" came the reply. First of all, Palm Canyon is NOT 111 and hasn't been for YEARS! I gave him directions, i.e. turn left on Palm Canyon, keep going and make a left on to Ramon. So I said, why aren't you calling the hotel you're staying? "I don't have their number". Oh, I said, so you're not staying with us but you are asking my help to find your way to another resort? Good luck I said! I should've told him to turn right onto Palm Canyon and right onto Ramon. That would've REALLY confused him.  What an eeejit.


For those who don't know, coming into Palm Springs from the 10 (exit 111 believe it or not) , the 111 turns left at Vista Chino, turns right onto Gene Autry and left onto East Palm Canyon.







No comments: