Saturday, January 23, 2010

Finally it stopped raining!!!!

It has poured with rain here in Palm Springs since last Monday. We have had, in one week, more than the average rainfall for an entire year!!!! I know, boo hoo poor us compared to the rest of the country and Europe (not to mention Haiti), this was nothing but ... when it's pouring with rain in Los Angeles and Palm Springs, nobody wants to visit .. not so good for business.

I drove in to LA Monday morning before the rain started. I got as far as Banning when the skies opened. The freeway wasn't bad, just the usual idiots still driving at 80mph without lights. But when I exited onto Lankershim Blvd., all the junctions on the surface streets were flooded and I mean FLOODED. Freaked me out I can tell you. When I finally got to work (after many u-turns and diversions) I arrived a nervous wreck!! Phyllis made me a cup of tea and Jackie offered me one of her tranquilisers!!! Never again!!! Tommy wanted to go for our regular Monday Indian but I wanted to stay home so we had a take-out and watched Taking Woodstock (five *****'s)anyway, he drove to the restaurant (Bollywood!)because I didn't want to drive. It was still bucketing down! Anyhow, today is a lovely clear blue sky day with a dusting of snow on the mountain. Very pictureque.

We had a note from our credit card processor than someone was claiming that he never stayed here when we know he did. Trying to stiff us for $600+. I filled in all the paper work, sent off copies of his registration form and signed credit card receipt and then wrote to him cancelling his reservation for this coming November. Yesterday we got a phone call from a friend of his to tell us he had died!! Excuse me .. he wasn't dead when he stayed with us so why dispure our charge?? How very rude!!! He wasn't a nice man, he was the one who got into a row with another guests for making anti sematic remarks!!! We knew he was going in to hospital for heart surgery and apparently he died whilst under the knife. This is the third person we knew who went into hospital for an operation and never came out. Right .. America has the finest health care in the world!! Give me 'socialized medicine' any day!!

No comments: