Saturday, April 9, 2011

I don't know where to start!!!

OK, I'll start from the begining ..... we had taken a reservation from a couple of Mexican guys and they were due to arrive by 11.30am yesterday. When they hadn't arrived by 3pm, Stuart called their cell phone. They are on their way and will be with us by 7pm. Around 7pm they called us. "We're lost". They had somehow totally missed us and were now on East Palm Canyon going towards Cathedral City. "Turn around and come back to Palm Springs" they were told and given detailed directions on how to find us. They called half an our later. "Where are you" we asked. "Ummm, Date Palm Drive on a freeway!!". How they got onto the freeway from our directions is beyond us. Finally, they arrived after getting lost again for the third time. Not two as expected, but three. Stuart is now scrambling about gathering up a third set of towels etc. Two of them go into the room and were heard by Stuart to say "we'll check out the room to see if it's good enough!!!!" Good enough??? Well, the one guy who was in the office filling out the arrivals card was told we were only expecting two and there would be an extra charge of $20 per night for the third. He started to argue with me ... (I'd had a couple of g'n t's by then).  He couldn't see why they had to pay extra. Something snapped. "Go away then," I said. He had that startled look like the proverbial deer/rabbit. I repeated, (very calmly I have to say), 'Go away, find somewhere else to stay, we don't want you money, go now, shuu and find somewhere 'nice' on a Friday on one of the busiest weekends of the year". And off they went into the dark night!!!!! Oh that felt GOOD! Call me Basil if you will but I don't care!!! After 10 years of owning an hotel, that was a first. Oh, I nearly forgot. The one who was arguing with me came back to the gate. "I left some papers in the office". Guess what they were?? Detailed instructions from Mapquest and they STILL managed to get lost. Idiots!!!

1 comment:

PSBear said...

It is a good thing you got rid of them. They most likely would have been calling the office to get directions out of the bathroom. Idiots is right!