Saturday, April 14, 2012

There's nawt so queer as folk!!!!

We've had a very busy fortnight, what with Dinah Shore and White Party .. none of our guests were in for either, by the way!!!

I've written to the General Manager of the Riviera to complain about the noise (Dinah Shore weekend), and copied it to all members of the Palm Springs City Council in the hope that they might give some thought next year to limiting the noise and think about the rest of us. We pay taxes too, y'know!!!! No doubt we won't hear anything. I'll letcha know. It was deplorable.

However, the quote at the top of this post is an old north of England expression which, roughly translated, means 'arn't people strange?"! Yes, that's where "Queer As Folk" comes from. Good olde England!! Some body called yesterday to enquire about rooms for next weekend. We have one available, I gave him the details, price etc only for him to ask, 'what kind of hotel are you'!. Astounded as I was I asked him whether he had checked out our website. No, a friend had recommended us. Now, why would you call a gay hotel anywhere in the world without checking out the website first? I believe they have (limited) access even in prison these days. He didn't take the room! As I said, There's nawt ..........
Oh well.

No comments: