Monday, April 2, 2012

What a weekend!!!!

This weekend saw the girls in town for the Dinah Shore so called golf tournament although I doubt if many of them saw a golf course unless they went to Escena for brunch. The main event was held at the Riviera Hotel and it was NOISY. The music started at 9am Saturday and Sunday mornings and went on constantly until 5pm. It was so loud we could hear the announcements from the pool party. I called the hotel twice on Saturday and once on Sunday to complain about the noise .. guess what? Couldn't care less. I called the local police .. guess what? Couldn't care less. At least I found out they had a special permit for music up until 6pm which thankfully someone pulled the plug at 5. I know, I know, it brings in revenue for the city but puleeze people, there is a limit to what we can endure. Next year I'll be at the council meeting to object to the permit ...it won't make any difference but I'll be there. It was so loud I turned our music off!!!! I hope we wern't the only people to complain. I can't imagine what it must've been like staying at the Desert Sun opposite the Riviera!!!!!!!

No comments: